Wednesday 23 March 2011

Defrosting

I divorced my ex-wife on 25 September 2009.


On 30 September 2009, my ex-wife filed in an application at the Syariah High Court in Shah Alam to obtain an ex-parte court order amongst other to
  1. Freeze all my bank accounts and shares
  2. Injunct me from remaining in the matrimonial home
  3. Injunct me from removing any items from the matrimonial home
  4. Allow her to enter into the matrimonial home to take posession of her personal belongings
The application was made on grounds that I was purportedly in the process of disposing matrimonial assets. The order was granted on 6 October 2009 and the order was expeditiously served to the banks on 8 October 2009. Since it was an ex-parte hearing, I was not aware of it and I had no way of defending myself.


My bank accounts were subsequently frozen on that date.


On 9 September 2010, I filed in an application at the Mahkamah Rayuan Syariah Selangor di Shah Alam to review the validity of the order.


On 17 January 2011, the Mahkamah Rayuan Syariah Selangor decided that the order cannot be enforced as my ex-wife failed to meet certain material conditions.


The Mahkamah Rayuan Syariah Selangor subsequently wrote to the Mahkamah Tinggi Syariah Selangor di Shah Alam on 19 January 2011 informing them of the decision. I received a copy of the letter on 2 February 2011.


I was then subsequently informed that a Mahkamah Rayuan Syariah Selangor court order will be issued. After more than a month of waiting, on 17 March 2011, I decided to write to the banks with a copy of the letter from the Mahkamah Rayuan Syariah Selangor.


I am happy to announce that on 22 March 2011, I was informed by Bank R that my account has now been unfrozen.


Today, I was informed by another bank that they require a formal court order to unfreeze my account, and the courts have informed them that the order is expected be issued next week.


With my bank accounts soon back to normal insyaAllah, I may now pursue justice from all angles.

1 comment:

  1. Alhamdulillah. May Allah help pave your way towards justice, ameen, InsyaAllah

    ReplyDelete