Tuesday 1 March 2011

The Beginning

This will probably be my most difficult post.

It all started two weeks after my 5 year old son (at that time) was discharged from hospital in April 2009. We spoke about his experience in hospital, where out of the blue, he reported that he saw his mum (my wife at the time) kissing another man in his presence. To say that I was shocked is a complete understatement. I sought clarification form my son and to my horror he said "the man kissed mum on her face and mouth".

I was in a complete state of shock! How can this be? We just celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary in March 2009! How could she do this? My wife of all people? The same person who condemned her fellow colleagues in office for having extra marital affairs? The same person who is constantly checking on me, my cellphone messages, my emails and the contents of my computer harddisk for signs of infidelity?

At that time, I suddenly came to reaslise that she has started to guard her cellphone with her life. Gone were the days where she would leave her cellphone lying around the house and her cellphone bills would be left in the mail basket for months. What was she hiding from me?

One fine day, by the Grace of Allah, she left her cellphone in my daughter's room as she went downstairs to the kitchen. I checked her text messages. Much to my horror, she was exchanging romantic text messages with another man. Who the hell is this guy? Why is the number registered pseudomyn "M"?

I checked the call listing. OMG! She was making and receiving calls everyday after midnight. Is that why she no longer sleeps with me and the children in the master bedroom for the past 6 months? No wonder she wouldn't even allow the children to sleep with her. What a liar! So all the complaints about backaches to justify sleeping alone in another room are merely deceptions?

In short, and sadly, I had to come to terms that my wife (at that time) was having an extra marital affair. I didn't sleep over the course of the next 72 hours. Morever, based on the surveillance and investigation that I conducted over the following two months confirmed without a shadow of doubt that she was indeed having an affair.

My marriage was nearing its end. I've got to act! I've got to protect my children. That was my paramount duty as a father. No ways in hell would I allow them to be brought up by such a woman (I reserve my full view and comments on her). It is for that reason that I had to play dumb. Really really dumb. I had to keep my mouth shut. It was bloody painful and only Allah knows how painful it was. But I had to do it for my children. Thinking of their well being gave me the strength to fight. Whether I liked it or not, I was in need of a Syariah Lawyer.

So that is how it all began. It began with the imminent end of my 10-year marriage. Damn you unfaithful and selfish animals!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mr Larry,

    As heart wrenching as it was to read your ordeal, the actual pain and suffering that you must have gone through is beyond my imagination. I can only empathize and I figure only those who have had similar experiences would truly understand how it feels. Nonetheless, Mr Larry, my prayers are with you and I hope that you and your children will get justice soon, InsyaAllah and the wrongdoers will get their share or maybe a taste of their own medicine. Ameen. Hang in there...Allah is always with those who are patient and He will never deny the prayers of those who has been unjustly treated.

    The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said to Mua'ad Ibn Jabal (RA), 'Beware of the supplication of the unjustly treated, because there is no shelter or veil between it (the supplication of the one who is suffering injustice) and Allah (SWT)' [Sahih Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

    ReplyDelete