Tuesday 27 March 2012

Delay delay delay - Part 4

As mentioned in my previous post, I filed an application to vary my ex-wife's visitation rights. The application was filed on grounds that
  1. my ex-wife had totally disregarded two court orders issued in the months of November and December 2010 to return the children to me; and
  2. the dispicable acts that she committed on the children during that time.
In January 2012, the Honourable Judge had set 12 March 2012 as the date for both parties to file in their "Hujah Bertulis" or written summary. My ex-wife's legal counsel had previously delayed the case for 2 months just to confirm whether or not they have received my pleadings.

This time... their excuse is that they needed more time. Two whole months is not enough to draft and file in a written summary???

Prior to that, I had pushed my legal counsel's staff to issue a reminder to my ex-wife's lawyers to avoid any further delays. For reasons unknown to me (perhaps he was too busy with too many cases and could not focus on mine), my legal counsel kept quiet.

Thankfully, the Honourable Judge set mid-April 2012 as the date for his to deliver his judgement. My ex-wife's team of legal counsels are to file their written submissions at least 2 weeks prior to the judgement date.

Mid-April 2012 was also set for both parties to submit the written submission for the contempt case against my ex-wife. Let's see what further delaying tactics they'll throw in...

No comments:

Post a Comment