Friday 23 September 2011

Keputusan Bantahan Awal

Last week, 14 September 2011 was the "tarikh keputusan" for my preliminary objection or "Bantahan Awal" at Mahkamah Rendah Syariah Petaling Jaya.

As previously mentioned, on 21 March 2011 my ex-wife filed an application at Mahkamah Rendah Syariah Petaling Jaya to invalidate my previous marriage with her.

Her application is based on fact that she purportedly "suddenly became aware" that she is an illegitimate child, hence her father cannot be the wali for our marriage. Her ultimate aim is to prejudice my child custody and matrimonial asset claims.

I filed in my Bantahan Awal on 21 June 2011.

On 14 September 2011, the Honourable Judge rejected my Bantahan Awal on grounds that the issue put forth by my ex-wife is a serious one that has material consequences on the issue of lineage and inheritance. Therfore the matter should be tried. Both parties were ordered to complete their pleadings and to proceed with a full trial.

After the event, I learned that the case had attracted the interest of the press. Even the members of staff at the courts were following the case. Whilst walking out of the court, I noticed the presence of reporter(s) and a cameraman. My ex-wife's legal counsel alerted her, and as a result, she refused to step out from the court building for almost an hour. Her unsavoury advisor even tried to chase the cameraman away.

In the end, she came out with a newspaper covering her face. As the Malays say "tahu pun malu"!

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe...I like that last statement. Click "Like" banyak kali :P

    ReplyDelete