Thursday 16 June 2011

Bantahan Awal

Last monday was the 2nd "sebutan" or case mention for my ex-wife's application to invalidate my previous marriage with her.

Her application was on grounds that she "has suddenly became aware" that her parents got married 1 year 3 months after she was born and that she is an illegitimate child. Therefore it was wrongful for her father to be the wali for our marriage and it should be invalidated.

Her objective of doing so is to declare that my children too were born out of wedlock. Custody of illegitimate children goes to the mother and/or the mother's family. Full stop... no questions asked.

I filed in a "bantahan awal" or preliminary objection to the application on grounds that
  1. Lack of privity
  2. Res judicata due to the fact that the marriage is no longer in existance
  3. Her parents need to be charged for khalwat first (Hehehe!)
  4. Mala fide to frustrate my child custody proceedings
The Honourable Judge ordered for my ex-wife to respond to our preliminary objection by the next mention date.

No comments:

Post a Comment